▪ Regulated qualification
▪ Meets IOL requirements
▪ 16 hour course over 2 days
▪ Certificate included
▪ Assessed by MCQs and practical observation
NB: This course will spend some time outdoor, therefore suitable clothing for the outdoor environment should be worn.
This qualification has been developed to meets the first aid requirements outlined by the Institute
of Outdoor Learning.
The content also meets the requirements of NGBs including BCU and BASI.
The course includes:
▪ First aid for the outdoor environment
▪ Casualty management
▪ Primary survey
▪ Unconscious casualty management
▪ Resuscitation inc. children, drowning, avalanche
▪ Wounds and Bleeding
▪ Medical conditions
▪ Head injuries
▪ Bites and Stings
▪ Effects of heat and cold inc. Hypothermia, frost bite and dehydration
This qualification is aimed those who may be required to provide first aid in an outdoor environment where
help may be up to 2 hours away. Attendees are most commonly outdoor activity instructors. the qualification
also meets the requirements for Emergency First aiders, as outlined in the Health and Safety (First-aid)
Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.