- Regulated qualification
- Meets EYFS requirements
- 12 Guided learning hours (2 days)
- Valid for 3 years
- Certificate included
- Assessed by MCQs and practical observation
This qualification has been developed to meet the first aid training requirements outlined by the EYFS.
The course includes:
- What is first aid?
- First aid in the early years setting
- Responsibilities of the first aider
- Primary survey
- Unconscious casualty management
- Child and infant resuscitation
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Minor burns
- Breathing disorders
- Head injuries
- Childhood conditions
- Allergic reactions
- Heat and cold
This qualification is typically delivered over 2 days.
It is ideal for any early years practitioners requiring a paediatric first aid qualification, as outlined in the EYFS.
The qualification is particularly useful where only one first aider may be available. For example:
• School staff on school trips